Back to News

Dave Matthews Band to Play Australia’s Byron Bay Bluesfest in April 2014

BluesFest_170x170

We are excited to announce that Dave Matthews Band will perform at the 25th Anniversary Byron Bay Bluesfest on Saturday April 19 and Monday April 21, 2014. The band performed at the 2005 Byron Bay Bluesfest and looks forward to performing down under again in 2014. Other artists performing at the blues and roots music festival include John Mayer, John Butler Trio, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Iron and Wine and more! For complete information and links to purchase single day and multi-day passes, visit http://www.bluesfest.com.au/.

1. lodged says:

Awesome news – has been way too long since DMB came to Australia. Any news of other shows while they are here?

2. Rob James says:

Great News. Hoping they might do a show in Brisbane too. Their last show was awesome. :)

3. teeny5 says:

Would love you guys to come to Melbourne for a sideshow!!

4. honkin says:

Really terrific news guys. Please do a sideshow in Melbourne.

5. Jen Sational says:

I am beside myself with excitement! I really hope more Oz dates are announced soon. Been doing a happy dance all day with this news!

6. MIck Smi says:

I just slapped myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming

7. sonor69 says:

Feel like i’m on top of the world with my legs hanging free-wooohoooo!!!! Thank you there must be a GOD now my 10 year old daughter who can finally see the finest band in the world. She has grown up on DMB and has never forgiven my for not taken her last Oz tour ( she was 3) Bring it on.

8. Scott Kelley says:

OMG That’s all I have to say. I’m speechless

9. Karen Daly says:

Fantastic news as its been way too long since I saw my favourite band live……………..While the Bluesfest announcement is AMAZING what will be even better is if there are side-shows cant wait for those to be announced ( PLEASE)

10. Amazing news we have seen DMB both times in Melbourne its an absolute must the band come back to Melbourne please don’t deny us the privilege

11. G1679 says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE organise some sideshows – one in Melbourne is a must!

12. John Fowler says:

I’m hoping for sideshows too…Adelaide would be ideal & Melbourne would be a nice bonus.

13. I just found out the other day that you’ll be over here in Oz. Beside myself with joy. I don’t usually see bands but you have been the staple of my musical diet since I was introduced to your music 12 years ago and there is no way in hell I would miss show. 7.5 months is such a long time to wait. I do hope you make a habit of coming here more often :)

14. chris_levo says:

Please do Adelaide.
      The last (only) concert was awesome!

15. Peta says:

Please please play your own concerts in addition to the festival!
      I have been so looking forward to seeing you, but im never in the states when you are playing…..
      Please please play in Sydney!!!!

16. Saw you guys in 2005 at what I still believe is the greatest line up of bands in Bluesfest history. Please do some side shows. Adelaide would be amazing but Melbourne will do as well.

17. Wayne Morris says:

This is the best news I have had in so long. One of the worlds most awesome bands coming to Australia- Amazing – DMB music is simply life changing – cannot wait!

18. Mell says:

and what about visit to Europe?

19. Back to Sydney again please!

20. ManuWede says:

How about a Stopover in Europe on the long way to Down Under and some sideshows there??!! Next spring it’ll be already four years since your last visit to the old world!

21. Melbourne side show please! <3 I've been waiting forever for this, but I'm definitely going to try my best to catch you at Bluesfest!

22. hadinahvi says:

Brisbane please.!!!

23. Glynn Gray says:

Oh My God!!! This has made my day no year! I toured with them in 05 and had the time of my life! Please do some side shows! Melbourne Palais Theatre was awesome in 05 and would be even better again!

24. Please come to Brisbane again! We saw you in March 2005 and missed the 2007 tour, please please please come back we have missed you!